Custom Search

Monday, July 26, 2010

TV Time At Last!

Kendrick Meek is on TV. Sort of.

The Democrat finally put up an advertisement that airs on real televisions all over Florida. It is an attack piece on Jeff Greene, but it's something. Check it out below.


Of course, I would like to see a nice biographical piece on Meek that touts his own accomplishments and positions, but this is something. It finally gets his name in front of the casual primary voter, and it lays out a very good case for why the nominee for the Democratic Party this year cannot be Jeff Greene.

I'd like something more like this 11-minute opus:


But, alas, I know that is too much to ask. Meek is clearly concerned right now that uninformed voters will be hypnotized by a glossy multi-million campaign by misery mogul Greene. And polls show there is reason to be concerned. This won't help Meek's positives all that much, but his biggest problem isn't that people don't like him. It's that people don't know him. This ad features the Congressman looking very incumbent-like just before he rolls that beautiful Greene footage.

I am just glad he is finally on the air. I'm sick of talking to people who don't know anything about him at all, including gender. I am tired of telling people there is no 's' at the end of his name. I can't even bring myself to interrupt the people and say, 'Not Carrie. Kendrick.'

I have asked again and again and again for him to get on TV. So today, I celebrate. Hopefully this is the first step toward victory in November, or at least insurance he gets that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment