Custom Search

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

FL-25: Garcia-Rivera

Update 3: I hate to say it but this looks done. Collier still has some numbers out, but the county as a whole has been going GOP tonight.

Update 2: Miami-Dade numbers are not showing as strong for Garcia as I had hoped. Apparently, Republicans this year just don't care who is on the ballot. Only silver lining here is that Rivera may get himself indicted before the end of a first term. Boo, hiss, South Florida.

Update: As with the Klein race, it is still very early. Rivera is up by a lot, but few votes are in. And my guess is most are from liberal Miami-Dade County.
---
When I made my rosy predictions for the Florida Congressional races this year, I did so because I was so inspired by Joe Garcia. I suspect those predictions overall will prove too optimistic, but I sincerely believe Garcia will pull this race out.

Only part of that is on us. David Rivera has been a monumentally bad candidate who darn near got himself kicked off the ticket this year. He doesn't deserve to walk the streets freely, much less the halls of Congress.

But Garcia has also been a phenomenal and tireless campaigner. A former head of the Miami-Dade DEC and a near-victor two years ago against Mario Diaz-Balart in a seat hand-drawn for the incumbent, the guy has developed name recognition and a loyal army of supporters. I am counting on a Garcia victory. If I am wrong, well, that would be a sign of a very bad night.

No comments:

Post a Comment