Fiscal conservatism really is the great Republican lie. If there was no better example in the last week, I'd say Rick Scott's plans for a big inauguration party served the purpose well. Of course, maybe some of that will be offset by the $25,000 tickets to the event, though that doesn't say so much about open government for the people.
Still, in the spirit of bipartisanship, I'd like to offer some tips for the event.
1. Don't invite the Medicare investigators. Best they not sniff around too much.
2. When they ask you to take the oath of office, plead the fifth. It will be hilarious.
3. Make sure that pesky Harry Potter isn't around. He would foil your plans for sure.
4. Keep an eye on Jennifer Carroll. She knows she is one indictment away from the mansion.
5. If Alex Sink hands you an iPhone, don't chide her for cheating. The race is over.
Anyone else have some words of advice for our dashing and devlish new governor? Please chime in so we can get this party started.